Paint & Pint to Support WPC
Join us on Sunday, Feb 11th from 2-4:30 PM at the Hellbent Brewing Company in Seattle, WA for a relaxing and fun afternoon of painting! Meet a professional painter (Anjl at Brushcapades Seattle) and let her lead you and your friends to paint your masterpiece. No experience required!
Act Today – Change A Life
Sponsor a child’s education in our WPC safe home today. Provide access to opportunity for a child and fight against human trafficking directly. Lack of opportunity and awareness of this issue creates victims. Empower a future of possibilities for a child and change their life forever.
Give New Life to the Women and Children in the WPC Safe Home
Nepal has become a human sex trafficking and slave labor hub. It’s a human rights disaster that feeds mostly to India. But how does this happen? And why here? And what can you do about it?
One woman’s story exposes the answers:
• She grew up without hope and without education until age 12.
• She watched her friends go away to schools and jobs, leaving her alone and impoverished.
• She saw the abuse and neglect so many kids suffer because of twisted values about the roles and worth of women.
• Some families in Nepal abandon their own daughters to the streets, or sell them, so they can keep raising their sons.
• She felt the restrictive repression of the caste system, which tells some kids to give up before they start, because they aren’t even allowed to set foot in some places unless it’s to clean them.
• No school. No job. No parents. No hope.
But one day, finally, her grandmother managed to get her into school. Her eyes were opened. She realized the awful truth. Her friends who’d gone away hadn’t really gone to better schools and jobs. They’d been trafficked, and were probably either dead or living in terrible misery. Now, armed with a Masters degree, she could do something about it. This is the story of Lila Ghising, the founder of the Women’s Protection Center in Nepal. Her safe home has directly saved over 600 women and kids from trafficking, and transformed the community of Hetauda.
Now it’s your turn to enter the story. What will your chapter be about?
The kids and women in the WPC Safe Home have escaped from trafficking.
Now, they need your help to forge a new life, a new destiny, a new hope.
Everyday Purchases Can Support Us
Do you shop on Amazon?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you will be prompted to choose a charitable organization.
Visit smile.amazon.com and search for “Friends of WPC Nepal”.
It works the same as your regular Amazon account and is an easy way to donate!
We are approved by Guidestar